Field Service Expeditor
About Cascade Windows: For more than 25 years, homeowners, builders and anyone who insists on the highest quality and most energy efficient windows for a new construction or remodel have put their trust in Cascade Windows. We promote a culture of honesty and integrity from our staff and dealers, and it shows. As we continue to expand and grow, we are looking for new members to join our team.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Field Service Expeditor coordinates with the Field Service department, Insulated Glass (IG) Line and Loading Dock to identify, package and ready product for Field Service work to be completed.
- Utilizes company Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) computer system in the process of identifying product status and entering orders as needed.
- Satisfies the Field Service team’s upcoming product needs by working with the Loading Dock and Insulated Glass (IG) line to locate needed products.
- Inspects all Field Service product for quality compliance and customer specifications. Wraps and protects Insulated Glass (IG) units per company procedures.
- Organizes products for local and remote delivery, including the use of company forklifts as necessary.
- Assists in the loading of service vehicles and performance of two or three person service work as needed.
High School diploma or equivalent.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES OR REGISTRATIONS:
Forklift certification preferred.
Work experience that demonstrates an ability to successfully complete the job requirements. One year experience in Manufacturing/Assembly, Installation or Framing of vinyl windows/doors. Two years’ experience in Forklift operation. Experience with operation of company Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) computer systems (Friedman preferred).
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision in independent environments or a small team.
- Demonstrates an understanding of vinyl window installation, repair, framing and assembly.
- Capable of taking initiative in identifying and anticipating problems that may arise with service orders and mitigating those potential issues.
- Ability to safely operate a company forklift without leading to employee injury or damage of property.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information with discretion and professionalism.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people of diverse backgrounds and levels of window knowledge within and outside an organization.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English language.
- Ability to learn to utilize the Friedman system to assist in order entry or other duties.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds alone and up to 100 pounds with assistance. Lifting will occur on a frequent basis throughout the shift.
- Fine finger manipulation as well as constant use of hands is required.
- Ability to work above the head as well as squat, bend, stoop and kneel.
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule which may include working days in excess of twelve hours and more than five days per week.
- Must be able to perform work in all weather conditions and exercise sound judgement in extreme weather situations.
- Work from heights will be required along with possible use of scaffolding and various types of ladder equipment.
- Use of site-specific and job-specific personal protective equipment (PPE) will be required.
May require occasional travel
Cascade Windows offers superior benefit programs to our employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Long and Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401(k) with Company Match, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and more!
TO APPLY: Internal and external applicants are being considered at this time. Please submit a Cascade Windows Internal Application Form and current resume to Human Resources.