Field Service Technician
About Cascade Windows: For more than 25 years, homeowners, builders and anyone who insists on the highest quality and most energy efficient windows for a new construction or remodel have put their trust in Cascade Windows. We promote a culture of honesty and integrity from our staff and dealers, and it shows. As we continue to expand and grow, we are looking for new members to join our team.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Under provisions of company warranty programs, the Field Service Technician adjusts or replaces products that have been delivered to customers and are not functioning properly. This position provides service in local and remote market areas and may require operation of company vehicles in all seasons and weather conditions. The Field Service Technician works on customer property and frequently interacts directly with customers and therefore is expected to provide superior customer service in both a professional and timely manner.
- Reviews work orders to prepare for coordination of the work schedule.
- Verifies all product to be delivered meet specification and quality requirements. Locates materials and loads truck to ensure a positive service experience.
- Unloads materials and performs repair work as required. Cleans the work area and the product upon completion of the service.
- Discusses repairs with the customer to ensure satisfaction with the product and service provided. Inspects for any damage that may have occurred during the repair. Reports any damage to the customer and manager for appropriate resolution.
- Returns all required documentation associated with the service for company records.
- Maintains safe, clean work environment and utilizes safe work practices in all job aspects (vehicle operation, ladder and hand tool use, material handling, etc.)
- Maintains professionalism and the highest level of courtesy in all customer interactions.
- Operates and is responsible for a company vehicle. Cleans and inspects the vehicle in preparation for the next workday.
- Responsible to develop and maintain working knowledge of all products.
- Responsible to communicate and elevate product or quality issues to the attention of supervisor/manager.
High School diploma or equivalent.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES OR REGISTRATIONS:
Valid Driver’s License required along with insurability under Cascade Windows corporate insurance policy.
Minimum of two years’ experience in Vinyl window repair, installation, assembly or framing.
Employee is required to obtain AAMA certification after one year of field work.
Experience utilizing remote connectivity and operation of company Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) computer systems (Friedman preferred).
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision in independent environments or a small team.
- Demonstrates an understanding of vinyl window installation, repair, framing and assembly.
- Capable of taking initiative in identifying and anticipating problems that may arise with customer situations and mitigating those potential issues.
- Ability to safely operate a company vehicle within local, state and federal law. • Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information with discretion and professionalism.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people of diverse backgrounds and levels of window knowledge within and outside an organization.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English language.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds alone and up to 100 pounds with assistance. Lifting will occur on a frequent to constant basis throughout the shift. • Fine finger manipulation as well as constant use of hands is required.
- Ability to work above the head as well as squat, bend, stoop and kneel.
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule which may include working days in excess of twelve hours and more than five days per week.
- Must be able to perform work in all weather conditions and exercise sound judgement in extreme weather situations.
- Work from heights will be required along with possible use of scaffolding and various types of ladder equipment.
- Use of site-specific and job-specific personal protective equipment (PPE) will be required.
May require travel to remote areas regularly.
Cascade Windows offers superior benefit programs to our employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Long and Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401(k) with Company Match, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and more!
TO APPLY: Internal and external applicants are being considered at this time. Please submit a Cascade Windows Internal Application Form and current resume to Human Resources.