About Cascade Windows: For more than 25 years, homeowners, builders and anyone who insists on the highest quality and most energy efficient windows for a new construction or remodel have put their trust in Cascade Windows. We promote a culture of honesty and integrity from our staff and dealers, and it shows. As we continue to expand and grow, we are looking for new members to join our team.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The loader is responsible for loading the delivery trailers in the shipping area with accuracy, safety and quality awareness.
- Loads windows and doors from production floor to designated trailers by hand.
- Efficiently notates and records exceptions in count or condition of shipments to reduce delivery delays and customer satisfaction concerns.
- Manages paperwork: i.e. reading and checking manifests, notating errors or exclusions, counting freight and following special loading and handling instructions.
- Communicates all discrepancies in manifests, trailer load status and situations that may cause delay.
- Works with loading dock leads, shipping coordinators, distribution manager and plant manager to ensure accurate and timely trailer completion.
- Uses tools such as hand trucks, four-wheel dock carts, dock plates, wheel chalks and banding devices in the process of loading trailers.
- Cleans, sweeps and maintains the dock work area and cleanliness of the inside of trailers being loaded.
- Prepares loads with the safety of self, fellow dock workers and the receiving parties in mind.
High School diploma or equivalent.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES OR REGISTRATIONS:
Work experience that demonstrates an ability to successfully complete the job requirements.
Manufacturing experience and warehouse dock work preferred.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to handle sensitive situations and information with discretion and professionalism.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people of diverse backgrounds and employment levels within and outside an organization.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English language (Strongly Preferred).
- Demonstrates efficiency in the performance of all job duties including maintaining adequate production levels in order to meet plant and department standards and produce completed trucks within scheduling parameters.
- Ability to take initiative to identify and anticipate problems that may lead to delays on the dock.
- Ability to understand and implement safe, efficient freight handling and lifting procedures.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds alone and up to 100 pounds with assistance. Lifting will occur on a frequent to constant basis throughout the shift.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which may include working days in excess of twelve hours and more than five days per week.
- Applicants must be able to pass a post-offer lifting test and physical to show they are safety able to perform the job.
Cascade Windows offers superior benefit programs to our employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Long and Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401(k) with Company Match, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and more!
TO APPLY: Internal and external applicants are being considered at this time. Please submit a Cascade Windows Internal Application Form and current resume to Human Resources.