Material Handler (Forklift Operator)
About Cascade Windows: For more than 25 years, homeowners, builders and anyone who insists on the highest quality and most energy efficient windows for a new construction or remodel have put their trust in Cascade Windows. We promote a culture of honesty and integrity from our staff and dealers, and it shows. As we continue to expand and grow, we are looking for new members to join our team.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Material Handlers (Forklift Operators) unload, stock and move materials required to support the production process. This includes both manual labor as well as safe and efficient operation of forklifts.
- Loads and unloads material on/off of pallets, trays, racks and shelves by hand.
- Inspects incoming materials for accuracy and defect; completing appropriate paperwork. Inspection includes random checks for compliance to specifications.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials. • Transfers components between work centers with various hand tools or carts.
- Counts, weights and records number of units of materials moved then reports data to inventory control.
- Performs regular material cycle counts and inventory audits.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment.
High School diploma or equivalent.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES OR REGISTRATIONS:
Forklift Certification preferred.
A minimum of three years of forklift operating experience or combination of forklift experience and inventory control work required.
Overhead crane operation experience required.
Manufacturing experience preferred.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to work independently with the skill to ascertain work-load priorities, define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, shipping instructions and procedural manuals.
- Ability to read and use a tape measure and understand units of measure.
- Skilled in mathematical concepts including applying concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Good verbal, written and comprehension skills.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds alone and up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods.
- Exposure to varying weather changes and extremes.
- Exposure to loud and constant noise when within the production plant.
Cascade Windows offers superior benefit programs to our employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Long and Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401(k) with Company Match, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and more!
TO APPLY: Internal and external applicants are being considered at this time. Please submit a Cascade Windows Internal Application Form and current resume to Human Resources.