About Cascade Windows: For more than 25 years, homeowners, builders and anyone who insists on the highest quality and most energy efficient windows for a new construction or remodel have put their trust in Cascade Windows. We promote a culture of honesty and integrity from our staff and dealers, and it shows. As we continue to expand and grow, we are looking for new members to join our team.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Working with factory personnel and other related departments, the Product Engineer is responsible for the integration of materials, methods and tools necessary to bring new products to the company portfolio, and to maintain and improve current product performance, manufacturability and viability.
- Analyzes current products/systems to ensure specifications are maintained and retaining relevant testing records.
- Reviews, analyzes and determines applicability and feasibility of newly proposed products/systems.
- Develops, maintains and audits new products within the manufacturing software system (configurator) as they pertain to manufacturing, process flow and bills of materials.
- Monitors products to ensure compliance with industry certification program standards (AAMA, NFRC, IGMA and SIGMA).
- Creates and reviews detailed drawings, schematics, prototypes and data rich reports for coordination with other business units on product introduction, adjustments and/or modifications.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required (Mechanical Engineering preferred). Professional Engineer Statistics training preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES OR REGISTRATIONS:
Work experience that demonstrates an ability to successfully complete the job requirements. Five years’ or more experience in Fenestration industry preferred.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Must have exceptional overall computer aptitude and typing ability- including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications. Manufacturing software knowledge is preferable.
- Must be able to handle multiple competing demands in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must have exceptional attention to detail and ability to retain numerical values.
- Demonstrate understanding of building products and construction industry as well as be able to understand manufacturing and technological concepts. Must possess the ability to make sound business decisions while taking industry knowledge into account.
- Ability to perform complicated mathematical equations/calculations and understand advanced mathematical concepts including engineering statistics, geometry, trigonometry and algebra.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people of diverse backgrounds and employment levels within and outside an organization. Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing.
- Must maintain strong communication lines with multiple business units, vendors and partners; including the ability to articulate audit/test findings.
- Demonstrate efficiency in the performance of all job duties including continuously improving company products/systems.
- Ability to take initiative to identify and anticipate problems that may future product/system failures or inability to meet industry specifications.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The work environment is primarily a typical office environment with frequent work in the manufacturing plant for the purpose of running tests, monitoring new and existing products, and working with manufacturing personnel on product/system application.
May require limited travel
Cascade Windows offers superior benefit programs to our employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Long and Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401(k) with Company Match, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and more!
TO APPLY: Internal and external applicants are being considered at this time. Please submit a Cascade Windows Internal Application Form and current resume to Human Resources.