About Cascade Windows: For more than 25 years, homeowners, builders and anyone who insists on the highest quality and most energy efficient windows for a new construction or remodel have put their trust in Cascade Windows. We promote a culture of honesty and integrity from our staff and dealers, and it shows. As we continue to expand and grow, we are looking for new members to join our team.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Production Manager leads and directs employees and production processes to safely manufacture high quality products that meet production standards and customer expectations. Gathers and evaluates information to ensure improvements in productivity, quality and safety an implemented and sustained. Oversees the day to day operations of the production and loading/shipping areas and supports Production Supervisors in the management of employee performance, behavior and/or policy or compliance issues. Recommends ideas to support continuous improvement activities and may facilitate change initiatives. Roles models appropriate leadership behaviors and professionalism in all interactions.
- Manages and executes production plans to meet or exceed performance standards and meet customer deadlines. Achieves performance standards (volume, quality, on-time delivery) while decreasing associated costs and improving production processes.
- Communicates and implements company initiatives to production leadership and assists in the communication and implementation with employees. Assists in addressing questions and concerns.
- Identifies opportunities for process improvement and develops action plans for implementation.
- Develops production supervisors and supports these leaders in implementing their daily responsibilities related to production, processes and people.
- Proactively and regularly develops and manages team member’s performance and capabilities. Ensures production supervisors are properly focused on employee development (certifications) and ensures successful implementation of training programs.
- Supports production leadership in assessing employee performance, as well as identifying the need for and implementing appropriate corrective action.
- Ensures equipment and facilities are operated and maintained in a manner consistent to support plant production goals and objectives. Facilitates timely resolution to equipment issues and preventive maintenance is performed.
- Supports the Plant Manager in establishing and monitoring overall plant performance for production and quality standards. Utilizes resources, systems and tools to collect and analyze data for planning and decision making.
- Partners with Safety leadership to develop and implement safety awareness programs, communicates safety issues, corrects safety related problems and assists in investigations into safety related issues. Ensures all employees are wearing proper PPE and following safety procedures at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the plant manager.
High School Diploma; Prefer a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES OR REGISTRATIONS:
Lean certification preferred.
Requires a minimum of 5 years of progressive manufacturing management experience and responsibilities. Experience with lean manufacturing, quality systems and safety necessary. Experience in the windows industry preferred.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate, empathize and reason with people in situations that are often sensitive and stressful. Ability to manage confidential situations and information with discretion and professionalism.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people of diverse backgrounds and employment levels within and outside an organization. Ability to engage in crucial conversations when delivery or receipt of the message content is difficult and challenging.
- Possess excellent written communication, data analysis, and project and time management skills. Must possess organization, multi-tasking skills with the flexibility to manage multiple conflicting priorities and frequent change.
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in identifying root cause analysis, developing a plan and implementing solutions. Demonstrates initiative to identify and anticipate plant needs and make sound recommendations for implementation.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals, drawings and building plans.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel and Power Point) is expected.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to lift/push/pull/carry up to 50 pounds and up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to walk/stand for long durations (duration of shift excluding breaks).
- Vision abilities to include close, distance, peripheral, color and depth differentiation.
- Use of hands and fingers for fine manipulation.
- Frequent exposure to loud noises, dust and debris from the production process .
May require limited travel
Cascade Windows offers superior benefit programs to our employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Long and Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401(k) with Company Match, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and more!
TO APPLY: Internal and external applicants are being considered at this time. Please submit a Cascade Windows Internal Application Form and current resume to Human Resources.