About Cascade Windows: For more than 25 years, homeowners, builders and anyone who insists on the highest quality and most energy efficient windows for a new construction or remodel have put their trust in Cascade Windows. We promote a culture of honesty and integrity from our staff and dealers, and it shows. As we continue to expand and grow, we are looking for new members to join our team.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Guides, directs and coaches production employees to safely manufacture high quality products at a sufficiently high volume to meet production standards with minimal waste. Oversees most day-to-day operations of production group including making personnel changes and addressing performance, behavior and policy compliance.
- Supervises production to improve efficiencies, meet standards and meet deadlines.
- Works with production leads and is responsible for providing direct leadership lead employees and their subordinates to support plant operations.
- Communicates company information and initiatives to employees and addresses questions and concerns.
- Proactively and regularly develops and manages team member’s performance and capabilities. Ensures employees are properly certified for their position and certification matrix is up to date.
- Assures team activities, equipment, facilities and personnel are operated and maintained in a manner consistent with plant production goals and objectives.
- Assists the plant manager in establishing and monitoring overall plant performance for production and quality standards.
- Assures maintenance is regularly performed on machines and equipment. Partners with the maintenance team to make sure issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Provides leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives. Develops and maintains a succession plan for all positions in assigned areas.
- Assists in assessing employee performance as well as identifying need for and administering corrective action.
- Assists in development, and implements safety awareness programs, communicates safety issues, corrects safety related problems and assist in investigations into safety related issues. Assures employees are wearing proper PPE and following safety procedures at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the plant manager.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or a combination of education and related experience (2 years of experience per each year of education).
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES OR REGISTRATIONS:
Lean certification preferred.
Requires 5-10 years of progressive manufacturing experience and responsibilities. Experience with lean manufacturing, quality stems and safety necessary. Windows experience preferred.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information with discretion and professionalism.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate, empathize and reason with people in situations that are often sensitive and stressful.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people of diverse backgrounds and employment levels within and outside an organization. Ability to engage in crucial conversations when delivery or receipt of the message content is difficult and challenging.
- Possess excellent written communication, data analysis, and project and time management skills. Must possess organization, multi-tasking skills with the flexibility to manage multiple conflicting priorities and frequent change.
- Ability to take initiative to identify and anticipate plant needs and make sound recommendations for implementation.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with little notice.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to lift/push/pull/carry up to 50 pounds on own and up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to walk/stand for long durations (duration of shift excluding breaks).
- Vision abilities to include close, distance, peripheral, color and depth differentiation.
- Use of hands and fingers for fine manipulation.
- Frequent exposure to dust and debris from the production process.
- Frequent exposure to loud noises.
- Limited exposure to weather and climate changes.
May require limited travel
Cascade Windows offers superior benefit programs to our employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Long and Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401(k) with Company Match, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and more!
TO APPLY: Internal and external applicants are being considered at this time. Please submit a Cascade Windows Internal Application Form and current resume to Human Resources.