Quality Assurance Technician
About Cascade Windows: For more than 25 years, homeowners, builders and anyone who insists on the highest quality and most energy efficient windows for a new construction or remodel have put their trust in Cascade Windows. We promote a culture of honesty and integrity from our staff and dealers, and it shows. As we continue to expand and grow, we are looking for new members to join our team.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Ensures that standards set forth by the Plant Managers continue throughout the production process. A Quality Assurance (QA) Technician inspects and detects non-conformance, notifies managers and supervisors of the results, and prevents defects from reaching consumers. Additionally, the QA Technician is involved in continuous improvement of the production process.
- Perform process audits of employee quality inspections & equipment setup and conditions to ensure process controls are observed. Examples of Process Audits the QA will perform are checking the cutting table to make sure it is clean of glass splinters, checking water temperatures and line speed, checking oven/press glass temperatures and overall size, measuring butyl and desiccant grams/ft., checking welder heat plate temperatures and weld times, and following the AAMA required measures of compliance.
- Verify products conform to engineering specifications (size, labeling, balance, etc.).
- Check operation of products (locks, balances, smooth movement, etc.).
- Inspect product to ensure Cascade Windows standards are met (clean, free from dirt/marks/scratches, proper labeling, etc.).
- Assist production in identifying root cause of defect trends then recommend corrective/containment action as appropriate.
- Identify and segregate nonconforming raw materials for disposition.
- Verify methods by updating Hour-By-Hour boards with current information, inspecting Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) compliance, and completing Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) audits.
- Review reject and defect trends with production supervisors.
- Calculate quality scores from inspection and audit results with 5S model.
- Participate in Kaizen Events.
- Measure and update weekly labor audit time studies.
Associate’s degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES OR REGISTRATIONS:
ISO, Six Sigma, or other Quality/Lean certification preferred
A minimum of 2 years’ experience in quality control/production. Continuous improvement experience preferred.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Possess excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with production workers and supervisors.
- Ability to effectively communicate in verbal and written form, including small group presentations.
- Possess basic shop mathematic skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fraction/decimal conversion, percentage calculation, etc.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Proficient in computer use and common software programs including Microsoft Office.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to bend, twist, reach, grasp, stand, walk and perform fine manipulation with fingers.
- Lift/carry up to 50 pounds alone and up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Close vision, color perception, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Exposed to excessive noise, dust, fumes or chemicals on the shop floor.
- Intermittently exposed to inclement weather.
Cascade Windows offers superior benefit programs to our employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Long and Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401(k) with Company Match, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and more!
TO APPLY: Internal and external applicants are being considered at this time. Please submit a Cascade Windows Internal Application Form and current resume to Human Resources.