About Cascade Windows: For more than 25 years, homeowners, builders and anyone who insists on the highest quality and most energy efficient windows for a new construction or remodel have put their trust in Cascade Windows. We promote a culture of honesty and integrity from our staff and dealers, and it shows. As we continue to expand and grow, we are looking for new members to join our team.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Safety Specialist manages and administrates the enterprise-wide safety programs within the facility and surrounding areas. Responsible for taking necessary steps to prevent losses, ensure agency compliance, and ensure the work welfare of employees.
- Directs implementation and administration of safety program throughout the facility and surrounding area.
- Effectively managers the implementation of the company safety program (policies, training, procedures, inspections/audits, etc.) for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Develops, publishes and maintains Company Safety Policies & Procedures (PPE, Lock-out/Tag-out, Emergency Response, etc.).
- Responsible for designing policies and procedures that help prevent harm to workers and property. Creates policies and training for workers to minimize work-related injuries.
- Designs and conducts training programs to positively impact employee health, safety and performance.
- Maintains safety metrics to benchmark and analyze trends and reports results to appropriate leadership.
- Leads and/or facilitates the plant Safety Committee to ensure maximum involvement of committee members and impact of initiatives.
- Investigates accidents and injuries to determine the cause and identify if the incident could have been or can be prevented in the future. Interviews employees to learn about work environments and incidents that lead to accidents or injuries. Evaluates the effectiveness of corrections to remedy incidents/accidents.
- Identifies potential hazards by inspecting facilities, machinery and safety equipment. Makes recommendations and provides potential solutions.
- Effectively partner with vendors and agencies to facilitate inspections and audits for continued improvement.
- Manages injury claims from inception (reporting) to closure (employee return to work). Partners with leadership to identify light-duty assignments.
- Participates in installment of new machinery and equipment modifications to ensure all safety requirements are in place.
Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience (2 years of experience for each year of education)
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES OR REGISTRATIONS:
A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Safety and Manufacturing.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations and information with discretion and professionalism.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate, empathize and reason with people in situations that are often sensitive and stressful.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people of diverse backgrounds and employment levels within and outside an organization. Ability to engage in crucial conversations when delivery or receipt of the message content is difficult and challenging.
- Possess excellent written communication, data analysis, and project and time management skills. Must possess organization, multi-tasking skills with the flexibility to manage multiple conflicting priorities and frequent change.
- Ability to take initiative to identify and anticipate client’s needs and make sound recommendations for implementation.
- Comfortable training and educating plant employees and supervisors in safety matters.
- Proficient in the use computers and software including Microsoft Office Suite.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to bend, twist, reach, grasp, stand, walk and perform fine manipulation with fingers.
- Lift/carry over 50 pounds alone and perform lifting demonstrations and training to employees.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Exposed to excessive noise, dust, fumes or chemicals on the shop floor.
- Intermittently exposed to inclement weather.
May require occasional travel
Cascade Windows offers superior benefit programs to our employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, Long and Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401(k) with Company Match, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and more!
TO APPLY: Internal and external applicants are being considered at this time. Please submit a Cascade Windows Internal Application Form and current resume to Human Resources.