Skills Certification/Training Technician (Quality)As the Skills Certification/Training Specialist you will utilize your experience and talents to conduct training of production employees on the current manufacturing processes in order for them to develop the knowledge and skills to work safely, effectively and efficiently. Responsible for the implementation of the Skill Certification Program. Performs employee certification, and submits appropriate documentation. Insures accuracy and relevance of Operation Method Sheet (OMS), Training Certification Standards (TCS), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and plan Certification Matrix. Monitors production output and develops training programs to improve efficiency and develop training programs specific to machinery provided by equipment manufacturers.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conducts training of production employees on processes for their assigned position.
- Systematically reviews procedural documentation (OMS, SOP, TCS) for relevance to current plant floor practice, and updates as needed.
- Monitor and verify work center methods are being adhered to, and communicate with supervisors and employees the results.
- Perform Skill Certification testing of employees by observing and validating employee performance to established work standards.
- Complete and submit all required certification documents for appropriate processing.
- Maintain accurate certification/training records and maintain plant Skill Certification Matrix.
- Performs operational improvement and skill development activities with employees. Participates in process improvements.
- Provides on-going feedback to both employees and leadership regarding all aspects of training.
- Train Production Workers on proper use of equipment, proper procedures, techniques, and handling of tools/equipment; Proven best way to perform tasks (i.e. people safety, efficiency, etc), Completion of paperwork (i.e. legible, complete, accurate).
- High School Diploma or Equivalent. Associates’ degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school preferred.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in training employees – manufacturing environment preferred.
- Understand, on a mastery level, our equipment, processes and procedures.
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills are necessary for success. Preferred candidates bilingual.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and the ability to accurate complete documentation and maintain records.
- Proficient with Excel, Word, file manipulation and network navigation.
- Ability to observe an employee perform workstation tasks and translate into a written form.
- Required to stand for long periods of time in a production environment. Must be able to work various shifts to support training/certification needs.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
TO APPLY: Internal and external applicants are being considered at this time. Please submit a Cascade Windows Internal Application Form and current resume to Human Resources.